Welcome

This is just a part of who I am. Thoughts hitting the wall and finding cracks to stick in. This is about a life moving around. A life in motion.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fishing


Tonight, tonight I want to go fishing. I have a longing in my heart for something more. Something more real than the reality that surrounds me and binds me to the mundane. I am restlessly searching for a home, a place to be settled, to be content. I am not. I am a wanderer, a stranger in a strange world. In this world in which I live I often make many mistakes and have many shortcomings. I long for my home in Heaven.

As I said before, I want to go fishing. I want to sit down in a boat and be calm and happy and content and I want to be with my Father.

I long for the moments in glory that I will share with my best Friend, my Master, my Maker, my Lord, my King, my Everything. I feel that as I am wondering around in this world. I am not a citizen of it, but rather I am between the state I was in, between the fallen brokenness that permeates and controls the world, and the future realization of the joys of living in perfect relationship with God.

God is very much a part of my life right now.

And yet…

I miss Him.

I miss God like I miss a lot of people right now. I am able to talk to God whenever I feel like, I am able to ask Him questions, and I am able to receive all kinds of things from Him, from advice, to gifts. I am able to see all of the things that He is doing, and I am able to feel the effects of His working in my life to move me towards my future. I still have a very close and meaningful relationship with Him, and I am still learning so much about Him. It is just like my friends whom I am able to connect with because of the amazing wonders of the internet. However, with those people, and with my Eternal Father, I long for the day when we are united together. I long for the beauty of the new earth spent with Jesus. I can’t wait to be held by the Father, and just be fully completed. I cant wait to sit in quite and just know that all is the way it should be. All is complete.

I sit and dwell on this and then I remember. I remember that my analogy is flawed. For even though people will be separated by oceans and mountains, nothing will separate us from the love of Jesus Christ. Nothing will ever be able to make God far away from us. The Holy Spirit dwells with us, in us, and shows us the love of the Father. In Him we have no want, we have no unmet need. I am able to go to the throne room of God and ask for what I desire. My relationship with God is such a blessing and such a joy. I am learning so much as I spend my summer in a land of music. Different than the island I came from, and different from the city I will go to. The blessings of God are matchless and amazing. And though times may make this time here droll, I know that there is meaning and purpose in it all. I know that the Father has great plans for my every move. I live with the assurance of future grace, of knowing that God will provide for my every need.

Still, there is a little part of me that looks forward to fishing with my Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment