Welcome

This is just a part of who I am. Thoughts hitting the wall and finding cracks to stick in. This is about a life moving around. A life in motion.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Long Time Coming


I am well aware that I have done a poor job of updating here, and the majority of it is due to the very reason that I chose to start this blog. My life is in motion, constantly changing, morphing, and moving forward. God promised that in the one that He started a good work in, it will be accomplished (Phil 1:6). I am currently in the state of God working in and on me. I realize that I will be growing for the rest of my life. Right now however is a sort of mile marker, a blip on the timeline of my life, and a meaningless flash in the grand scope of the story of God.

For anyone that was not already keyed into the happenings of my life, I am currently residing in Nashville TN. Certainly a difference from the island shores of the Philippines, or the windy streets of my destination of the year, Chicago. I am currently being taught many, many things from the Lord. I am realizing the meaning of what it says in Col 3:22-24. It is my goal to life according to what God would have for me, and a large part of my life right now is taken by the adult concept: Work.

Yes, I now have a job, and am a working man. By no means have I entered into full-fledged adulthood. I still have the benefit of living under the roof of family, and have a good deal of my needs provided for. However I am learning a lot about what it means to work hard, and do so with a spirit of service and joy. God is teaching me to be a harder worker and not a slacker. He is teaching me to look for ways to do my job better. I realize that in a lot of ways I come short on what must be done, I realize that I fail.

In a lot of ways that is what is so amazing an intriguing about God (well one of the ways that is currently bouncing around in this red head of mine). God does not work with imperfection. He cannot have any of it in His sight for He is the epitome of what is perfection, anything less then perfect must be cast away from His sight.

And yet…

And yet God works with imperfection. It is the material that He gets His beautiful nail torn hands dirty with. The Gospel explodes through the very marrow of the world. For He that knew no sin took it upon Himself in order that we, who are by very nature anti-righteous, might take upon the righteousness of God Himself! Through Jesus we BECOME the very righteousness of God (2 Cor 5:21).

The Great Exchange. Jesus, the ever satisfied, perfect Son of the Father, Holy Spirit saturated, became sin. Took it all. Became isolated, broken, scorned. All in order for us to be able to be worked by the Potter’s hands. By all means we are still from a sinful nature, and we are a sinful race. However, in the eyes of God we are righteous. In he who God started a good work it will be accomplished. This means that we are not responsible for keeping our salvation. This means that no matter what we do, no matter how many times we give in to the old man, Jesus has taken care of everything, The Holy Spirit will help us to see our faults, we will repent and get back up, and the Father will always welcome us into His presence.

I take this fact for granted. Oh my how I don’t realize that the Good News about Jesus is seeping out through every single crack of my existence, of my continued living, of the trials I face far from home, in the victories God has in my life, in the blessings He gives me, in my failings, in my redemption.

Praise be to our God, who is so full of life, who is not old, but the fullness of youth. Who is not naïve, but rather the standard that all wisdom, He is wisdom.  We can call Him Daddy, Abba, Father, Poppa. He is our perfect Dad who takes care of us, blesses us, and disciplines us. Praise be to Jesus, who is the perfect man that all can model their lives after. Who is the perfect big brother who searched and searched for us, who laid down His life for us. Who is seated at the right hand of the Father, full of power and glory, no longer a marginalized Jewish carpenter, but the King of kings and Lord of lords. The train of His robe fills the temple, it overflows, it covers. It is glorious. Praise be to the Holy Sprit who leads us in the path of righteousness, who pleads with the Father with groaning on our behalf. Who teaches us the ways of living the Gospel. Who we are filled with. All praise and honor and glory and power be unto the triune God. Perfect and complete. Overflowing with perfection. The perfect ruler of the universe who is willing to get His hands dirty with the affairs of humanity, in order that we might be saved. Let all the people of God say it is so! For it is so!

No comments:

Post a Comment